Monday, September 26, 2011

Shingles, drywall and siding....oh my

Brian called Patrick this morning, very excited, to tell him the roof was done. AMEN!!!! The drywall was delivered today and will be hung this week.  Brian said it should only take 2 days to hang it. Amazing.  It took Pat and I three partial days to hang it in just the barn bathroom.  So I guess the drywall crew won't be offering us any side jobs.  The siding guy was on site all day and completed one end of the garage.  Other than the 3 gable supports, this side is done.  The house will be painted like the barn; two tone green.  After playing with Sherwin-William's color visualizer I think we have decided to paint the trim around the windows white like the fascia and soffit.  The board which separates the horizontal siding from the shakes will also be white. The green and white really makes the red mullions pop out.  We are really excited cause this is just as we had visualized it so long ago.

Wyatt and I baked chocolate zucchini cupcakes for work.   He had fun watching them bake in the oven.   He kept humming "mmmmm"  while he watched them bake.  We made cupcakes so we could sample what I had to take to work. Of course he liked eating them after they cooled a bit.
And of course I had to do a bit of sewing while he was here.  If you click on the pic you will see this is adorable frog fabric that I  turned into a shirt.  He calls it his "rog". Too bad I have to work all week.  He is a lot of fun to have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment