Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Walls, rooms and lots of prayers

I'm sure Brian and Phillip think we are crazy that we get soooo excited about the progress but our hope and prayer is that we will all get to know each other a bit better through this entire process.  Yesterday when we got there we noticed a slight problem with the placement of the kitchen windows.  Brian and Phillip had placed the windows according to the blueprints and had a feeling I wasn't going to like it. When I approached the windows above the sink the bottom of the sill was at my neck.  They were not surprised when I called to ask them to rip a wall out.  It really isn't a big deal to fix and as he said it is way easier to lower it than it is to raise it. So we went over first thing this morning to confirm window placement of the front sitting room. I sighed a sign of relief as we left that is was not a big issue and that they were pleased that we came by before the last 3 windows were framed in.  Today when we arrived after work the rest of the exterior walls had been erected and our master bedroom had been framed in.  How exciting to walk into a room and really be able to get a feel for it.
Monday's progress


Completed exterior walls.  This view is taken from the "driveway" approaching from the  barn.  The sand filled area is the front porch.

Our master bedroom

When the walls are completed we plan to do as we traditionally have done with other family construction projects.  We want to have a family day to celebrate the construction and at that time we'll write scripture verses on the studs. We'll let you know a date so you can all participate. I have already picked out appropriate verses for each room, so start looking for your favorites.  Brian and Phillip don't know that we have already done one in the foundation.  Teddy the mason was there the day we placed the first scripture verse.  After he laid the last course of block we dropped a sealed plastic tube into the block.  In the tube was info on date of construction, owners names  builders names, 2 scripture verses and a prayer of blessing for the safety and welfare of all people that work on the construction of our home.  Teddy asked us about it so we explained what we were doing.  He was quite pleased and thanked us. We are not sure where these little conversations lead.....we leave that up to the Lord. The seed has been planted.  When Brian and Phillip arrive to see all the studs plastered with scripture verses  I am sure other seeds will be planted. As I said at the beginning of this post, I hope they get to know us better and see where our enthusiasm comes from.  May God bless each of you, our readers, also.


No comments:

Post a Comment