Thursday, June 16, 2011
The Big Dig
Finally, the digging is over and they're ready to pour the footers. It looks like how I imagine an archeological dig of an ancient fort or palace would look like but is really just the preparation needed to make the foundation strong. I say finally but really, in my mind we are ahead of schedule. In my wildest dreams I hoped they would start digging by Thursday and pour at the first of the week. Instead the footers will be poured on Friday and the mason's should be able to come the first of the week and put up the block. That means that by the beginning of July we'll start to see some walls go up.
This image gives you another perspective. Lisa is standing where her screened in porch will be. Behind her is the front of the house with the front door directly behind her.That is one excited girl right there. I have to admit, I'm pretty excited as well. We're off to go camping for the weekend beginning tomorrow afternoon. That way we won't be tempted to mess around too much at least until Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment