Thursday, March 22, 2012

The girls are here!

Today is the day the girls (chickens) have finally arrived. We sure have a beautiful flock made up of one Buff Orpington, one Rhode Island Red, two red stars, and two black stars. They seem to be settling in well tonight and are busy checking out their new digs. Lisa is getting ready to go up to the girls weekend tomorrow so we'll see how things go this weekend. The folks we got the birds from , Blue Bird Farm, reported that they are just about ready to start laying eggs as a few from this group have already started. I think Lisa is pretty darn excited about having chickens around the place; just one step closer to feeding ourselves. So, for your enjoyment, here are the girls!

 first meal
 Buff Orpington
 very pretty colors
 Black Star
 figuring out the coop ladder
 really tame, before long I'm sure the tide will be turned
 very inquisitive

Trying out the walkway.

We put them in the coop for the night and they quickly got up on their roosting boards. I think they'll do ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment