Sunday, June 10, 2012

Busy Weekend but no pics

This weekend was a whirlwind. We went to the farmers market and then to the amish furniture store that is next door to it. We got a call on Friday that the chairs we purchased from Broyhill in February were once again backordered and this time to October. NO WAY. They gave us a refund and so off we went to the Amish furniture store to purchase 4 chairs.  While there we ended up purchasing 6 chairs and a new dining room table.  It should be here in 4-6 weeks.  I have more faith in them than I did in Broyhill that I will actually be seeing this furniture. So Saturday afternoon found us in Blowing Rock returning the 2 chairs that had been previously delivered.Liz went with us and we made a day of it. We visited the original Mast General Store and just did some general site seeing in the Boone, Blowing Rock area. Had a nice lunch at Six Pence Pub and then headed down the mountain.
Sunday found us in the shop all day.  I decided June was the month for my clothesline construction so we cut and assembled all afternoon. Patrick spent time hanging drywall and erecting a new workbench while I was doing the clothesline. Since we have all that Dewalt equipment, I figured we had better put it to use.  Pictures of the clothesline will follow as we get it planted in the ground on Monday. We just ran out of day light on Sunday evening.
Most of the rock work is done on the drainage ditch. Just waiting on a bit more rain to soften the soil and help us excavate the final 40 feet. Pick ax work is just not fun so when it rains we take advantage of the softer clay to dig. We have a few shrubs to plant around the edges to soften it up a bit. As you can imagine this project will evolve over time .

No comments:

Post a Comment