Hate is a strong word, but I do think it is applicable. You haven't heard from us for a while because AT&T has screwed up our internet. Thats right, the same company that provided internet for us for the past 10 years has a) lost us in their system and b)can't figure out how to get us a modem so we can connect to u-verse their latest and greatest method for hooking up with the world wide web. I wouldn't be so perturbed by the simple lack of a modem but they lie. Through their teeth. Every time I call them it takes at least one hour, I must talk to at least 4 different individuals who will put me on hold but are really sending me back into the pool of pathetic callers waiting to talk to someone. Anyone. When I do speak with someone, they must transfer me to another agent. I keep having the image of "peggy" from the Discover Card Tv commercial running through my head, it's not a pretty sight.
You might ask why we keep working with AT&T, it's because no one else provides reliable internet access out where we live. (of course, we haven't experienced it from them yet either).
So in an interest to keep you all informed, I will on occasion ( until this drama comes to some kind of completion) provide you with an update however brief. We are in our house and thoroughly enjoying it I believe there is only one box left to be emptied and we've started to put some pictures on the wall. We can put our cars in the garage tonight for the first time. Thank God for little favors. I still hate AT&T.

No comments:
Post a Comment