Monday, January 2, 2012

Final Week

I bet that caught your attention, I know it did mine. Yep, we are in basically the final week of all the indoor stuff being completed on the house. it is hard to believe but it is really coming to an end and we will finally be home. With that thought in mind, here are a few of the things that have been done and we'll update tomorrow once the carpet is laid in the guest bedrooms.

The doors have been installed on the fireplace and the gas is on. Slate is still to be installed around the fireplace, Dad Salchow is building the mantle which will be installed later in January after we move in.

The guest bathroom is done except for the commode (an important addition I am sure). If it looks familiar to you, its because it once lived in Ryan's bathroom. The next pictures are of the column details in the living room. I just love the way all of the trim has turned out.


Of course, as the new house gets completed, the old house gets deconstructed. The next pictures are of our Old NC 18 house as it slowly gets packed away in preparation for the big move. A big thanks to Lisa's Mom for doing A LOT of packing for us.  I am sure it will go a long way toward making moving weekend a success. Speaking of moving weekend, it is officially January 14-15th. Please put it on your schedules, we'd love the help.

Last but not least is a picture of our kids, this time Ryan and Sharee who have visited with us and Sharee's family for the last week.
 Home made ravioli's on Christmas with all of the happy cooks: Roger, Sharee, Lisa and  Sharee's sister Crystal
The vultures cleaning up the leftovers. Chris, (Brother in law) Roger (father in law) and Ryan eating the last of the ravioli's.

No comments:

Post a Comment