I believe this is one of my favorite times of the year. The garden has been planted for the most part and seeds are sprouting, the supports are in for things like beans and tomatoes and it all looks like a real garden. I have to admit, I wasn't too sure about this years crops with the soil in such need of amending, but it looks like it might be better than I thought. So here are some pictures from first thing this morning, enjoy.
green beans breaking ground
tomatoes really thriving. (thats a soaker hose end in lower right of the photo, all of our beds have one in them.)
Spider wort
Lettuce bed ready for some early harvesting
edamame breaking ground
Our grass has started to grow in the back yard as well, it''s still light enough that it's hard to see in pictures but it is definitely coming up. We'll be watering for the next couple of weeks until we get it established.
No comments:
Post a Comment