As our growing season draws to a close Lisa and I have begun to prepare the garden beds for the winter. We added a lot of mulch and manure to the raised beds and planted rye to serve as a cover crop through the winter. In addition to the raised beds, we also added a nice layer of pine needles to the blueberry and blackberry beds. These additions sure make things look nice.
A coworker loaned us his 4 wheeler and baby bush hog for the weekend so we could mow the back 40. It had gotten so tall, we couldn't see through it and sorta forgot what that end of the property looked like. What a cool gadget, not only was it fun to drive, it cut everything down nice and neat and allowed us to see what the property looked like once again. I plan to keep it mowed with the tractor now that it is in a more manageable condition. Finally, Lisa and I framed in the garage door to give it a more finished look and to protect the last of the unpainted wood. It looks great.
A coworker loaned us his 4 wheeler and baby bush hog for the weekend so we could mow the back 40. It had gotten so tall, we couldn't see through it and sorta forgot what that end of the property looked like. What a cool gadget, not only was it fun to drive, it cut everything down nice and neat and allowed us to see what the property looked like once again. I plan to keep it mowed with the tractor now that it is in a more manageable condition. Finally, Lisa and I framed in the garage door to give it a more finished look and to protect the last of the unpainted wood. It looks great.
No comments:
Post a Comment