So here it is all closed up and locked up tight. Today, Lisa and I finished hanging the rest of the siding. She also put a coat of primer on them to keep the rain we're projected to get tonight from warping them. I can't tell you how excited this makes me feel to actually have all of this done. Our next big step will be to get the electrical installed so we can have lights and power tools inside no matter what the weather holds. This should happen in the next couple of weeks. I can't thank our family enough for all of their help and support on this project, we couldn't have done it without you!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
finally, closed in and weather tight
Lisa and I have spent the last couple of days finishing up the framing for the garage door, getting the inspection completed, and finally, finally, installed the garage door (or at least filled the hole(s) with it) so it can be locked up tight. You can see that we added framing to both sides of the original opening so as to fit a 12 foot door rather than the 16 footer we had originally planned for. The building inspector said we would have to do some MAJOR upgrades to the framing to do that so we went the easier route and framed it in to 12 foot. Lesson learned: ALWAYS check with the inspector before thinking too big, it will save you hassles later.
So here it is with the door installed. What you can't see is that the temperature outside never got above 40, was frequently windy (gusts to 20 mph) and cold as all get out. Lisa was a real trooper and stuck it out with me. It's amazing how much warmer it is inside when you block all the wind out, it also helps keep the heat in as we are using a heater powered by a gas grill tank. No, those are not side lites on the side of the doors, tomorrow we will install siding and get a coat of primer on them to preserve it until warmer weather lets us paint it to match the rest of the building.
So here it is all closed up and locked up tight. Today, Lisa and I finished hanging the rest of the siding. She also put a coat of primer on them to keep the rain we're projected to get tonight from warping them. I can't tell you how excited this makes me feel to actually have all of this done. Our next big step will be to get the electrical installed so we can have lights and power tools inside no matter what the weather holds. This should happen in the next couple of weeks. I can't thank our family enough for all of their help and support on this project, we couldn't have done it without you!
So here it is all closed up and locked up tight. Today, Lisa and I finished hanging the rest of the siding. She also put a coat of primer on them to keep the rain we're projected to get tonight from warping them. I can't tell you how excited this makes me feel to actually have all of this done. Our next big step will be to get the electrical installed so we can have lights and power tools inside no matter what the weather holds. This should happen in the next couple of weeks. I can't thank our family enough for all of their help and support on this project, we couldn't have done it without you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment